Friday, August 16, 2013

Practice what you preach

It is said that practice what you preach. But hardly we ever apply this. One rainy morning when I was ditched by my cab driver to reach the work place, I had to struggle for hiring an auto. Soon my luck favoured and I was on the way to work. as we were heading, we saw a cab being badly destroyed in a road accident. The broken glasses of the window pane could be seen everywhere as the car had smashed itself into some railings. instantly, my auto driver commented over the mishappening and remarked that it is better to be late than sorry. his remark made me think that he is a safe driver. But soon I sensed that he is a preacher and not realistic when I too narrowly escaped an accident. This is the general attitude we all have developed. We expect others to realise their mistakes and comment over them when they are wrong. But hardly we ever introspect for our own actions.

Ms. Sneha Thukral

No comments:

Post a Comment