Thursday, July 18, 2013

CARE AND SHARE PROGRAMME

Since my college days I have been associated with several projects and activities which aimed at community development. Now as a teacher I wanted to plan such activities’ for my students which enable them to develop a connect with society and the associated issues. I wanted to instil values of love, unity, empathy & togetherness in my students through similar projects. I have been undertaking this activity for the past several yrs but this year I brought in new dimensions to promote international learning and connect. 
Under this project the students had undertaken sub-projects that studied segment of physically challenged people in international countries and their experiences. This provided them with a platform to compare the realities of different countries world over and bring forward their findings in the most innovative way possible. Though this activity our students developed a unique connect with people suffering in other countries along with the feeling of empathy and awakening in them.
One of the core focus of this prog has been generation of funds and resources for the under-privileged people in our society. Student’s whole heartedly planned & participated in the fund raiser and the visit to various NGO’s and slum area’s in the neighbourhood. The core team of students which took care of both these events could not only inspire other peers in the schools but also the community to participate in the resource generation process. Such activities gave my students an opportunity to bring out their leadership and communication skills which made this prog a success. 
Through the whole period of the prog i could see my students becoming more sensitive towards the blessings they have in life, how important it is to help the people in need & how together we can build a connected community and work towards making this world a better place . 

Ms. Shivani Singh

No comments:

Post a Comment