Monday, July 29, 2013

The WINNER STANDS ALONE

A few days back I asked one of my students the name of his favourite book and he replied, ‘The winner stands alone’. I wondered, Is it so? I had thought that losers run the risk of taking the flak, alone in the end. I have often heard people saying, ‘When I was slogging day and night, nobody bothered, now that I have achieved it, they want their piece of cake.’ Not a bad investment I would say, may be the same people now would come around to help you the next time you need them, knowing that you have a winning streak in you. The true winners are never afraid of sharing their success with people but there is something more important than being a winner and that is being a doer. The most important person in your life is you, whom you can not fool, who should be proud of you and who you can look in the eye and say, ‘Yes I have done it’. The key is to enjoy what you do, the fruits of success are enjoyed best by those, who have grown it.
There are two types of people- first is the highly insecure clan who do not allow others to be a part of their journey, fearing they might be overtaken somewhere along the way. The second type doesn’t mind just tagging people along, guiding them, grooming them, preparing them for the unforeseen. Which of these two makes you a leader is not hard to guess. Choose what you want to be in life, coz I did when I was very young-
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less travelled by, 
And that has made all the difference.
And does the winner stand alone? I don’t really know. Enjoy the journey while you can because the top can be a really lonely place.

Rashmi Srivastava

No comments:

Post a Comment